Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Spread My Wings and Fly

I've had a very exciting morning already. Ever had a teacher/professor in your lifetime that really made an impact? I sure have, this first year of college too. My Biology professor has been one of the best instructors I have ever had.

I presented my website at her science fair, which some of you know was a success. Well, one of my pages was dedicated to the "Sawtooth Pack," a pack of wolves -one which I adopted- studied by a couple for six years. They stayed in a tent in the Idaho wilderness to learn and earn this pack's trust. They have created "documentaries" (both in which I have) and have been very well-known in wolf conservation.

Well, every year, they go around the United States and hold conferences to educate schools and the public about the success of their project. I told this to my Biology professor, who went to the conference last night that was held in New Hampshire (where she lives).

While she was there, she got me their book, signed by them, and she printed out the front page of my website to give to them. They told her that they wanted me to go to the conference on Thursday, in Connecticut (not far from MA), "as their guest" because they wanted to meet me. It's not open to the public, but they are allowing me in!

I must say, this is a pretty big deal for me. Depending on my parents, I may finally be able to meet some of my heroes, Jim and Jamie Dutcher!

Thanks for reading,

Wolfie

No comments: